Friday 11 November 2011

What Features I Looked For When Getting The Best Auto GPS



I recently got myself a Japanese branded truck. I got the truck because the outdoors is my passion. A pickup truck is the answer to all my adventurous needs. Power and storage space are the main key points that I need in a car.It is a second hand car and it didn't have a built in GPS navigation device. So I had to get myself a portable auto GPS device. Now I picked a portable GPS navigator since my city car is different from my weekend adventure pickup truck.

With the numerous trips outdoors and lots of off-road driving, I needed a device with an effective TTS system. I needed one that functions dynamically and with less supervision. I needed one that was precise, accurate and on the dot.

Because of the nature of my need, then the next feature I looked for was built-in-maps. I wanted my device to have an auto update feature. I also needed accurate pinpointing of where I am located at. My portable auto GPS needed built-in-maps because of two things - my driving through places I wasn't familiar with, and my camping needs. So even when I am not driving, I need to bring my navigator when trekking or camping out.

Built in maps also allows me to find the best route from point a to point b. I can't get lost with this feature. Contour maps are also available for use in the outdoors.Since the portable auto GPS that I wanted was not exclusively used in my car, I also looked for aesthetics as well as ease of use. I wanted a GUI that was user friendly. And just like any other hand held device, I wanted multi-media capability.

I also want function so I need above standard processing power. I also wanted a durable device and some shock proof features. I needed a device that is both great for outdoor use as well as cruising in the city. The best auto GPS for me had this flexibility and ease of use.



No comments:

Post a Comment